Why Oro Valley? Pros and cons to living in Oro Valley, Arizona
I've honestly never met a person that didn't like Oro Valley. It's been my home for 21 years now and I love it more than ever. But don't take my word for it! I've comprised a list of pros and cons from people that live in the community, whether they've lived here 20 years or 6 months, here is what people are saying about Oro Valley.
Let's start with the pros:
- Welcoming community, easy to make friends.
- Great active lifestyle community with plenty of hiking and biking. Did you know that Oro Valley trails are ranked as gold level by the American League of Bicyclists? Or that there are hundreds of miles of dynamic hiking trails, from flat trails to trails that gain several thousand feet in elevation.
- Clean air, clear night skies for stargazing
- Cultural diversity
- Relatively low cost of living
- Gardening year round
- School choice, tax credit program
- Low humidity
- Amazing sunsets!
- No snow (actually, we often see one snowfall a year!)
- Abundant, locally-owned restaurants
- Mild weather about 7 months out of the year (high 60's - mid-80's)
Now the cons,
- Excessive heat May-September (90+ degrees for the high)
- No water sports without an hour+ drive
- Gardening, while can be done year-round, can be challenging in the desert.
- No drastic change in scenery with the seasons (we do have a beautiful display of wildflowers in the Spring!
- Snakes, scorpions, big spiders
- Road infrastructure
- Locals competing with West-coasters in the housing market can be frustrating
Can you see yourself living here? Contact me for more info on this wonderful town!